DRG Professional Services is currently seeking a Environmental Adviser based in Hamilton, Mississippi. This position is responsible for implementing environmental policies and programs and monitoring compliance with all federal and state environmental regulations in order to assure safe, efficient and environmentally sound plant operations. Also ensures the operation of the plant in an environmentally responsible manner in compliance with the Environmental Policy.
The Responsibilities of this role are:
1. Monitor air, water and solid waste discharges to ensure compliance with permit requirements and environmental regulations.
2. Analyze environmental data and prepare statistical reports.
3. Develop a working knowledge of company environmental policies, operations, equipment and facilities.
4. Inspect pollution control and monitoring equipment in order to maintain compliance and maximum efficiency.
5. Prepare reports and advise operating personnel of environmental regulations and operating permits.
6. Manage all RCRA solid and hazardous waste.
7. Evaluate offsite waste disposal facilities prior to shipping wastes for treatment or disposal and reevaluate periodically thereafter.
8. Attend training sessions and seminars in order to maintain current knowledge of federal and state regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires a B.S. degree in engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred), Chemistry or Environmental Science or equivalent experience, with a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience. A basic knowledge of environmental laws and regulations (i.e., SARA Title III, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, etc.) is required.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.