DRG Professional Services is currently seeking an Aircraft Mechanic III to work in Langley, VA at the NASA Langley Research Center. The primary function of the Aircraft Mechanic II is to be responsible for and provide maintenance on aircraft based at NASA Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia. Main responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairing, inspecting and maintaining; aircraft structural, mechanical, avionic and electrical systems. Additional duties will include integration and de-integration of research test equipment for flight testing purposes.
The essential functions of this role are:
• Performs maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, and mechanical systems. Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain structural, mechanical and electrical elements of the aircraft.
• Integrate and de-integrate research test equipment on aircraft. Fabricate wiring harness and connectors.
• Utilize a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools to complete assigned maintenance tasks.
• Provide oversight and should have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
• Perform Designated Inspector (DSI) duties.
• Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
• Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks and maintain housekeeping in work areas.
• Follow tools control polices. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Maintain personal tool inventory, inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
• Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
• Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
• Travel and deploy off site in support of NASA projects and other tasks as defined by customer needs.
• The Aircraft Mechanic II may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
• Knowledgeable in the use of and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
• Knowledge of electronics and ability to read and interrupt aircraft electrical and avionics system wiring diagrams and logic flow diagrams.
• Ability to solder and repair electronic circuits boards.
• Ability to fabricate wire harness and connectors.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
• Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills. Ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Tactical Services, LLC goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Requires High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Requires a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airplane and Powerplant (A&P) certification.
• FAA Part 135 or equivalent experience maintaining Gulfstream corporate jet aircraft preferred.
• Formal electronics training and FCC GROL certification preferred.
• Required to have mechanic hand tools and tool box.
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
• Must maintain valid driver’s license and U.S. Passport.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
• Ability to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a NASA flight physical.
Yulista Tactical Services fosters a fast-paced multi-tasking customer service-oriented environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. Adaptability regarding schedule and task changes is necessary to accommodate changing priorities. Overtime may be required.
The company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.