DRG Professional Services is currently seeking an Associate Architect for a vertically integrated mining and inorganic chemical business. The Associate Architect, Order to Delivery will work as a partner with the business users to understand their requirements and identify business process improvement opportunities and architect solutions (including business processes, business change and technology solution components). He/she will act as a thought leader and a change agent driving consensus across this functional domain. Reporting to the Director ERP Applications, this is a key role within the global IT organization with responsibility for Order to Delivery business value stream. The role will bring the expertise in analyzing both evolutionary and transformational improvement opportunities within the realm of Sales & Distribution, i.e. order to delivery process. With a strong vision and an aggressive growth path, this company has significant opportunities for improvement from a business process perspective.
The main responsibilities of the position are covered below:
• Act as a key contact within the Order to Delivery domain from an IT perspective.
• Using modeling techniques, identify opportunities for enhancement of business operations through process improvement, training, minor application changes, enhancements or new implementations, as required.
• Understand how and where Order to Delivery processes, systems and applications impede or enhance business agility or the exploitation of business opportunities.
• Develop business case around Order to Delivery process improvement projects.
• Provide reliable high-level estimates as to time and cost of proposed ideas.
• Develop prototypes and present to the management, business and IT users to gain buy-in and support to implement the solutions.
• Work with business and the rest of the IT team in planning execution of selected business improvement initiatives.
• Work closely with in-house team as well as external vendors to translate “what” needs to be built. Draft use case documentation to facilitate the rapid and effective transition from requirements to design.
• Perform and/or oversee; configuration of SAP application, creation of positive/negative unit test scripts, and execution of unit tests.
• Create and/or support creation of integration/user acceptance test scenarios and scripts as well as facilitate and provide direct support for user testing.
• Create and/or support creation of cutover plan and scripts as well as facilitate and provide direct support for production migration and go-live stabilization.
• Provide status updates on assigned work to management and, when required, act as a project manager on projects.
• Advising and influencing the key stakeholders within the Order to Delivery organization to drive adoption. Assist with the change management.
• Provide support to sales and marketing functions besides Order to Delivery.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.