DRG Professional Services is currently seeking a Director of Development for a nonprofit 501 (C)(3) organization that is dedicated to bringing the arts and the community together. The Director of Development reports directly to the Executive Director. Normal work week is 40 hours and includes regular business hours Monday through Friday as well occasional extra work in order to meet deadlines, meet with volunteer committees, and attend events and programs as required. The Director of Development is responsible for the planning and implementation of all fundraising activities. They are expected to develop and coordinate, with the Board of Directors and Executive Director, an aggressive program of long term growth in all areas of contributed income. They will research, coordinate with volunteers and staff the cultivation of current and prospective donors.
The Responsibilities of this role are:
1. Work with Executive Director and Fund Development Committee to develop fundraising plan and timeline to support the strategic direction of the organization
2. Execute organization fundraising events through coordination of strategic partnerships, staff, and community volunteers
3. Coordinate with the Communications Director on related print and electronic materials and signage
4. Coordinate preparation and document all correspondence between volunteers, staff, and donors including the creation and maintenance of all donor files, records of giving and all correspondence
5. Coordinate the preparation of grant proposals for foundations, corporations as well as preparation of federal, state, and local government grants and project evaluations
6. Supervise the work of the Development Assistant including the maintenance of the database, posting of gifts, pledges and billings, donor correspondence and event assignments
7. Develop cultivation strategies that thank and support donor education about Arts Council OKC programs
8. Research, coordinate and aggressively pursue, with volunteers and Executive Director, the cultivation of new individual, foundation and corporate donor prospects.
9. Assist Executive Director and Board with development related long range planning activities and initiatives and make recommendations that will further enhance development efforts
10. Liaison with fundraising related committees and donor activities related to events.
11. Coordinate opportunities to nominate or recognize donors and key volunteers
12. Other activities at the direction of the Executive Director
A minimum of 5 years of fundraising and sponsorship development experience or comparable experience
1. Demonstrated skill in writing grant proposals
2. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
3. Organized with the ability to oversee and motivate the work of others
4. Manage multiple details
5. Demonstrated experience in working with volunteers
6. Experience with computer software packages including Microsoft Office and Abila Fundraising 50, or equivalent donor database
7. Ability to work as part of a staff team
8. Ability to meet deadlines
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.