DRG Professional Services is currently seeking a Simulator Maintence Technician for KDAM ATARS at Davis Monthan AFB.
Applies basic knowledge and experience to solve routine technical tasks or system problems; those that typically may be performed solely by reference to maintenance manuals or similar documents. Work may be reviewed by higher level Technicians II or Ill to ensure compliance with accepted practices and/or standard operating procedure. Work being performed for the first time and any task for which the employee is not documented as being proficient will be reviewed by higher level Technicians. Receives training in device system and subsystems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Applies working technical/non-technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks in support of work on various devices, while following detailed instructions which encompass all procedures.
• Receives technical guidance as required from supervisor and higher-level technicians.
• New or advanced assignments will be given detailed review and be spot checked. Tasks previously accomplished and documented as proficient do not require review or spot check, though they may be at the Maintenance Manager or Shift Lead's discretion.
• Localizes and replaces defective parts in electronic circuits.
• Requires use of block, wiring and schematic diagrams to trace basic circuits.
• Maintains required documentation of maintenance activities.
• Monitors and tracks the repair status of inoperative equipment and document maintenance activities utilizing the logistics management data base system.
• Documents maintenance activities to include but not limited to, work order generation and updates, repair action documentation, issuing, returning, and adjusting inventory, insuring inventory records are up to date and accurate, and other material control duties as assigned.
• Conducts voice communications on phone, inter-phone and radio circuits.
• Provides networking and information systems support on training devices and networks.
• Learns device requirements, system design standards, tools and procedures.
• Implements basic modifications to existing simulators.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists the lead technician with collateral duties such as supply, inventory control, and administrative procedures.
• Prepares or assists in the preparation of discrepancy reports.
• Provides support to Quality Assurance function in support of the Company quality assurance plan.
• Simulator Technicians designated as Mission Planning Administrators will obtain certifications required under DoD 8570.01, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, and perform information assurance duties.
• Travels, as required
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and responsibility satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the necessary qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
• Familiar with aviation I avionics systems is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical theory.
• Working knowledge of operating principals of digital and analog computers.
• Working knowledge of component level testing and repair of circuit boards, instruments, and other ATS field replaceable units.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex and non-routine problems.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to interface with the customer and staff effectively.
• Ability to use a variety of common and specialized test equipment and tools.
• Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
Education and Formal Training:
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent. Completion of a civilian or military Electronics Principles course. An Associate's Degree in an electronics field or completion of VoTech Simulator Maintenance Programs is highly desirable.
One to three years of experience as a flight simulator technician or equivalent in nature is desired.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.