DRG Professional Services is currently seeking a Systems Engineer II that will perform customer requirement analysis, solution development, and advanced design and implementation of real-time software and hardware systems for avaiation aircraft operators and maintenance training devices.
The Responsibilities of this role are:
• Generate requirements traceability matrix given customer requirements in specifications, statements of work, or other documents.
• Review requirements and generate architectural solutions based on wide knowledge of hardware and software.
• Analyze, design, and implement real-time software and hardware systems for aviation aircrew and maintenance training devices.
• Attend and brief project status and engineering issues at Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events and In-Progress Reviews (IPR) ensuring discrepancies noted by the reviewing authority are recorded as appropriate Action Items.
• Work with the engineering team and management to assure budget, timeline, and scope requirements are met.
• Perform testing at customer sites as well as early testing on pre-release products.
• Develop technical proposals and respond to Sources Sought, RFP's, and RFI's in conjunction with the marketing team, assuring they are technically accurate and professionally presented.
• Safely handle government-furnished equipment and materials.
• Work a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Candidate must have a wide range of simulation knowledge in hardware and software in order to recommend solutions to best fit customer requirements.
• Candidate must be self motivated.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to establish priorities to ensure tasks are accomplished on schedule.
• Respond to tasks and mentorship from Director or Senior Systems Engineer.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in an engineering major and five (5) years experience in systems engineering; or
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science with seven (7) years experience in systems engineering; or
• High school diploma or equivalent and eleven (11) years experience in systems engineering.
• Advanced degree in engineering is preferred.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.