DRG Professional Services is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer that will perform advanced design, analysis and implementation of real-time software for training devices and systems developed for aviation aircrew operators and maintenance training.
The Responsibilities of this role are:
• Develop new real-time software system design solutions for new training devices to meet customer requirements.
• Lead the Software Development team through complete development cycle of real-time software systems designs including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, testing, delivery, and support.
• Analyze, design and implement real-time software for aviation aircrew and maintenance training.
• Perform in-house software review processes including peer review and compliance with an approved Software Development Plan.
• Lead other team members to ensure all discrepancies and actions taken to resolve discrepancies are accurately recorded and resolved prior to releasing products to customer.
• Attend and brief project status and engineering issues at Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events and In Progress Reviews ensuring discrepancies noted by the reviewing authority are recorded as appropriate Action Items.
• Handle multiple projects at the same time.
• Interact successfully with customers.
• Train and mentor lower level Software Engineers.
• Safely handle government-furnished equipment and materials.
• Work a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Must have a background in software real-time simulation with hardware experience a plus.
• Fluent in C++ and/or C is required.
• Significant experience with UNIX/LINUX operating systems is required.
• Experience with MS Visual Studio and Open GL is preferred.
• Candidate must be self motivated.
• Must be able to create and give presentations.
• Excellent diagnostic skills (software and hardware).
• Ability to establish priorities to ensure tasks are accomplished on schedule.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a computer or engineering major is required.
• Advanced degree in computer or engineering is preferred.
• Eight (8) years progressive experience in a programming and/or engineering field
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.